Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Lost and Found works!

Icelandair has moved up in my "Airlines to Fly or Avoid" book. I left my camera on their flight from Boston to Iceland about a month ago. Yes, it was the 3rd camera I've lost in the last 3 years. Doh! (I need a bionic camera)

So I emailed them 2 weeks after flying with them, via a generic email address found on their website. The Reykjavik Airport police wrote me back within a day and said they had my camera!

"Hello,

Your camera is here at Lost and Found keflavíkairport. If you want it to be sent to you by mail then we will need your address, full name and a mastercard number.

Kv. Daði H. Kristinsson
Iceland Police
Lost and Found

"

I did have to pay $32 in shipping charge but hey, it sure beats buying a new camera! It arrived in an international shipping box yesterday. With a population of 309,699 total, Iceland perhaps functions much more efficiently compared to large nations like the U.S.? Everyone probably knows everyone else and each other's business. I'd think it'd be hard to commit heinous crime too.

At any rate, I'm a big fan of IcelandAir. Hooray!

~ Cecily

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wow! Very happy for you! I am in the same boat, left my camera on the plane, but I have not been successful in getting it back so far. Hopefully I will get mine back too!